Tuesday 22 March 2016

Stop Asking Why

ads


Sometimes the "why" question should
be broken into smaller parts.

by Harish Jose 

Senior Quality Engineer

ASQ CRE, ASQ CQE, ASQ CSSBB, ASQ CBA


We have been trained to ask “why” a lot in lean. Today’s post is about asking “why.”

My friend was doing data analysis of ERP transactions, and he noticed that the material handler was creating transactions in two different programs for dock-to-stock components. This process created double entries and did not seem to add value. He asked the question “why” and the material handler reported that she was doing it because it was the way she was trained, and because it was the way they had always done it.

I was always curious about the “5 Why” method. English is my second language, and in my native language (Malayalam), I cannot ask the “why” question because it means more than one thing.
READ MORE »

Stop Asking Why Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

 

Top