Thursday 10 March 2016

How to Explain Your Quality Job to Young Kids in 4 Steps

ads

First-graders learn the concept of quality 
through a paper airplane building exercise.

by Lillian Erickson

Global Quality Manager, MasterControl Inc.


When it was time to celebrate Career Day at my daughter’s school, she begged me to come talk to her first-grade class. I dreaded it. How do you explain to 6- and 7-year-olds what a quality manager does?

In my eight years in the quality field, I’ve hosted over 200 client audits and faced some of the strictest auditors. I’ve spearheaded six ISO audits, the most recent of which was held last November, when MasterControl became one of the first companies in the world to successfully complete an audit under the new ISO 9001:2015 standard.

Yet, the idea of talking about quality to elementary-school kids intimidated me. If you’re a fellow quality professional facing the same situation, here’s how I overcame my fear and completed the formidable task successfully.


READ MORE »

How to Explain Your Quality Job to Young Kids in 4 Steps Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

 

Top